Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiple K Thermocouple connected to ESP32

Stuee123

Hi, Im working on a project with the esp32. I have limited space and want to connect 4 x 2wire k type thermocouples. I have seen the max6675 but 4 of them one for each will totally overfill the case i have so hoping someone can give me a one IC solution for this.
I look forward to responses.
Cheers

You do not mention the temperature range you want to measure. I will assume you ruled out the Dallas Semiconductor DS18B20 temperature sensor. Measures Temperatures from -55°C to +125°C (-67°F to +257°F).

If you are designing at board level the MAX6675 is a very small surface mount IC but if you are using the MAX6675 chip modules then in a tiny area to work with I can see problems.

If a Type K TC is required for the application there are other solutions but none of which are cheap and easy. If you can provide more information in detail about your temperature measuring project more help will be easier to provide, that includes budget.

Ron

Alrighty. All things considered unless you plan to have the ESP 32 or other uC do anything special at temperatures you may want to consider something like this. I can see the merit to using a chip like ESP32 or 8266 because they do offer up Bluetooth and Internet. My son has a couple of those Trager BBQ systems. He can get any info on his phone including low fuel (wood pellets) notification.

All things considered the Type K thermocouple is a good for the range you called out and you can get stainless probes (for food) and armored cable for high heat areas. I just do not have any ideas as to making things smaller. :(

Ron

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back