Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLAB X can't find C18 compiler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerStrom8

Super Moderator
Good day.

I recently installed MPLAB X to see how it was different from v.8, and installed the C18 compiler (lite version) as well. However, when it asked me to choose a compiler as I was opening a new project, it said that it couldn't find C18.

Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone know how to fix it? Google turned up nothing, so any help would be appreciated. :)
Thanks!

Regards,
Der Strom

I've been having same problem but with C30. Please note that one of the request from microchip as you were installing is that since it is Beta, only use microchip forums for help!

Thanks, Bryan. I looked there already and couldn't find anything about this problem. I guess I'll have to join and ask the question myself. Thank you for the link :)

I've been having same problem but with C30. Please note that one of the request from microchip as you were installing is that since it is Beta, only use microchip forums for help!

Yeah, I forgot about that at first :p

If anyone comes up with any specific solutions, please let me know :D
Thank you!
Der Strom

Last edited:
Okay, I just wanted to give an update.

I asked the question on the Microchip forums and got an answer about an hour later.
birdman0_o, this is mainly for you, but it's for anyone else who was having the problem, as well :D

After installing the compiler, you need to open MPLAB X. Go to "Tools" and select "options". Go to the "embedded" tab, and click on the button that says "Scan for Build Tools". The compilers should appear in the "Toolchain" window.

So, the whole path is Tools->Options->Embedded->"Scan for Build Tools".

This worked for me, and I hope that it will solve your problem as well, birdman.
Good luck, and thanks for all the help!
Regards,
Der Strom

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back