Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLAB X heads up

granddad

Most Helpful Member
Microchip MPLAB® X IDE v6.25 ( Currently 6.20) Will Discontinue Support for 3rd gen tools (Pickit3 / ICD3)

I still use v5.25 for the MPASM support. A lot of bad decisions here on Microchip makes you wonder who is really driving the boat.

Same here... I use the IDE built into Proteus, and have for years.. I just use the IPE for chip programming, even that's on its way out as I have one of those TL866 II and it does all the chips I need.

Never really got to grips with MPLABX just didn't feel right..

It seems obvious that Microchip has way too many small users demanding support resources that their large quantity customers want exclusive access to.

The best way to sort out the riffraff is to make old tools useless and charge a lot more for the new stuff.

So, is it our time to leave Pickit3 altogether?
Only if you want to upgrade to MPLABX v6.25, otherwise just stay as you are. I'm still on v6.0, I've never seen any reason to change?.

Bear in mind that future devices may not be supported though.

We aren't still playing wind-up gramophones, time moves on :D

Latest threads

Back