Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLAB, C18(lite) linker file

Status
Not open for further replies.

sukhavsa

Hi

I have downloaded the C18 (lite) version from the microchip website.
I am trying to use it for PIC kit 3 with PIC18F8722. While i am trying to build the project i am getting an error message as follows
"Error - could not find file 'c018i.o'."

the lite version had the 18F8722_g.lkr file but i could not find the 18f8722i.lkr in the folder.
:(

while i am trying to build using _g.lkr file i am getting the error. How do i resolve this and build my project. Please help.

It is finding the linker script OK because the script is looking for c018i.o and can not find it.

It is a bug in that the lib search path NOT being set by the wizzard or the most evident way to do so under project "Set Language Tool Locations....

To fix it do select PROJECT>BUILD_OPTIONS>PROJECT,
click on the DIRECTORIES tab. Using the drop down list for "Show directories for" select "Library Search Path". Click New and add "C:\mcc18\lib" to the list.

Good Luck
3v0

Hi

The following tutorial shows how to build your first project with MPLAB and the C18 compiler. It discusses all the little problems you can have compiling your first program with the C18 compiler, including the one above.

**broken link removed**

Slorn

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back