Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mosfet cross ref. Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda439

Hello all, I need to verify a power Mosfet for a Clarion A2000 car amp I am repairing. It reads MT 5P, 0N05E, (M) 342 I did a search and came up with this was a Motorola No. Now owned by ON Semiconductor and new no. is MTP50P03HDLG being a P-Ch Mosfet 30V at 50A 25 Mega Ohms. This is a digikey no. I came up with is this correct? One of them was blown apart and another was cracked. There are 6 total and I am going to replace them all because they all tested between 3 and 49 ohms and should be in high mega ohms. Digikey wants $4 ea for these. Is there a another safe supplier where I don't get counterfeit ones? Thanks

Hello all, I need to verify a power Mosfet for a Clarion A2000 car amp I am repairing. It reads MT 5P, 0N05E, (M) 342 I did a search and came up with this was a Motorola No. Now owned by ON Semiconductor and new no. is MTP50P03HDLG being a P-Ch Mosfet 30V at 50A 25 Mega Ohms. This is a digikey no. I came up with is this correct? One of them was blown apart and another was cracked. There are 6 total and I am going to replace them all because they all tested between 3 and 49 ohms and should be in high mega ohms. Digikey wants $4 ea for these. Is there a another safe supplier where I don't get counterfeit ones? Thanks

I haven't checked the Motorola part. The MTP50P03HDLG has an RDSon of 25 mohms, or 0.025 ohms, that is a very low resistance (on state).
How did you test the FETs? Did you remove them from the board? You usually use the 'diode function' of a suitable multimeter to perform a 'go/no-go' test.

It's not easy to find a suitable replacement of an FET. You must evaluate all the key-parameters of the FET in your application. If you can find the exact part, I would suggest that you buy it.

The MosFet is blown apart also 3rd from right has crack and arc spot.Probed outer legs.Should read in meg ohms but read 4-49 ohms. I posted pic. Thanks

Attachments

• 100_3687..jpg
    100_3687..jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 415
  • MTP50P03HDL-D..pdf
    85.8 KB · Views: 460
Correction it is 4th from right that is cracked. Did a cross ref. search at NTE also. Don't like their parts or prices though.

At least you can get replacement parts from NTE. If you continue shopping around, you'll pay either higher prices and shipping costs, or enough money for a new product. Obtain the NTE parts. At least if they fail, no more cross-references or searches will occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back