Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NEC computor help

Timberland

I ned help ,my machine uses an RGB 8 pin monitor plug and I need to convert to an vga. My monitor is going out of clarity and I can't see the image real well. It uses an PC-8091K cable
Thanks

my machine uses an RGB 8 pin monitor plug
I'm not familiar with an 8 pin video connector?

Edit - looked up the NEC info, and a bit of searching shows that it's almost VGA compatible, signal-wise.

Info here (use google translate):

8 pin DIN connector layout shown here:

It's pretty much pin-to-pin by name for the VGA signals, but with 150 Ohm resistors added in series with the RGB lines to reduce the signal levels.

Last edited:
You mention clarity,,, Is this a CRT monitor and have you checked for a focus adjustment. If the monitor is "well used" then maybe you could increase heater supply voltage with a step up transformer or take one heater wire and wrap around flyback core to increase voltage.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back