Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Subwoofer Amplifier Repair Help!?

Rewiu

Can you tell me if it can be repaired and if so, what parts do I need? And for the context, my subwoofer started making a loud noise when is on. I opened it to look at the amplifier and noticed that there was a melted brown substance that I removed, you can still see the traces where it was. And now I see that some parts at the base are melted!? What can I do?

Attachments

• IMG_2651.jpeg
    IMG_2651.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_2654.jpeg
    IMG_2654.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 111
The brown substance looks more like over-heated glue than anything else, was it hard? - if so, it's supposed to be there, and it commonly turns brown due to age and heat exposure.

If it was liquid, then it might have been leakage from one of the capacitors? - but from the picture my first impression is just glue.

My suggestion would be to change the capacitors. The voltage and capacitance of the capacitors will is written on them. You can use higher voltage and / or larger capacitance. Make sure you match the polarity.

The diodes are probably OK. If you have a multimeter you can test them, as they should conduct one way and not the other, but you will need to unsolder one end before testing them.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back