Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

morse code beeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielsmusic

i have written a program that can beep out any text (A to zero) in mouse code and would like to share it, i don't mind what you do with i. it won't sell for much but if you want, to go ahead. :D

Attachments

• morse.zip
    113.6 KB · Views: 330
Works prety good.Nice one

This DOS app still runs in XP.

You shod go to Visual Basic or C to make programs for Windows.

danielsmusic said:
i have written a program that can beep out any text (A to zero) in mouse code and would like to share it, i don't mind what you do with i. it won't sell for much but if you want, to go ahead. :D

Please be quiet and not let all the cats know of this code(long click, short click, double-click, drag....) or else....

it is not a dos app, this app is desined for windows xp only(may run on other operating systems as well)

Hmm, seems like it doesn't work with CAPITAL letters :lol:

yea i didn't protect against bugs, so if you put a invalid charicter in it will just bring that error msg that windows xp brings up.

i wrote it in microsoft visual c++

danielsmusic said:
yea i didn't protect against bugs, so if you put a invalid charicter in it will just bring that error msg that windows xp brings up.

That's hardly 'protecting against bugs', it's a serious bug you've written in to it - it's also trivial to fix (which is how you should have done it in the first place), simply convert all characters to lower case.

It's a nice simple program, and very easy to do, essentially just a lookup table.

danielsmusic said:
i have written a program that can beep out any text (A to zero) in mouse code

Wouldn't squeaking be more appropriate than beeping?

PS Has this been approved by Benjy mouse and Frankie mouse?

That depends on your motherbard(Becose the circuit that drives the internal speaker in there.).My make soft and easy to listen to beeps.Whith some Sqick realy high pitch noises.Mostly old PCs make such sqiling sounds.

Someone Electro said:
That depends on your motherbard(Becose the circuit that drives the internal speaker in there.).My make soft and easy to listen to beeps.Whith some Sqick realy high pitch noises.Mostly old PCs make such sqiling sounds.

Which again points to the fact it's a DOS program, and not a Windows one. If it was a Windows program you'd use the soundcard, not the motherboard beeper.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Someone Electro said:

Which again points to the fact it's a DOS program, and not a Windows one. If it was a Windows program you'd use the soundcard, not the motherboard beeper.
That program is a Win32 console application, it wouldn't run under pure DOS! :twisted:

Jay.slovak said:
Nigel Goodwin said:
That program is a Win32 console application, it wouldn't run under pure DOS! :twisted:

No, I know it wouldn't, but it's not a Windows program either! - but presumably it would compile under DOS and run?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Jay.slovak said:
Nigel Goodwin said:

No, I know it wouldn't, but it's not a Windows program either! - but presumably it would compile under DOS and run?.
If you compile it in DOS compiler then yes. But he said he used Visual Studio and that makes it WIN32 application even if it isn't using Win GUI.

If you doubt me, read this. It's a part of header of that program:

Code:
This program cannot be run in DOS mode.

:twisted:

Jay.slovak said:

Code:

I don't doubt you, in fact just above I said that I know it can't run under DOS - but it's not really a Windows application either - just a Windows 'bodge' of a DOS program.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Jay.slovak said:

Code:

I don't doubt you, in fact just above I said that I know it can't run under DOS - but it's not really a Windows application either - just a Windows 'bodge' of a DOS program.
Yes, it's using old DOS interface....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back