Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Monostable acting screwy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2camjohn

I havent used a 555 monostable since Grammar School but now I am trying to use one for switch debounce.

The problem is the pulse remains on as long as you hold the switch down, what i want is the pulse to be independant to the switch.

What kind of problems are associate with this kind of circuit? (I have already addressed decoupling)

Can you supply a schematic? 555's are pretty mundane tech, problly a wireing prob.
This is a debounce that is decoupled to not retrigger until the switch is opened.

Attachments

• debounce_783.gif
    debounce_783.gif
    5.4 KB · Views: 400
Don't know what debouce is, but i use this circuit.
The left part is the trigger.
It doesn't mater how long you hold it down.

Here is a simple bounce suppressor

The IC is a Hex Schmitt Trigger such as the 74C14, 40106, etc

Attachments

• Bounce_suppressor_198.gif
    Bounce_suppressor_198.gif
    1.8 KB · Views: 347
2camjohn said:
Thanks LJCox, that seems nice and small.

If i wanted to vary the amount of bounce suppression what would I vary? The 1meg resistor?

You can change either the resistor or the capacitor. But the resistor needs to be at least 100k to make it much greater than the 10k. Otherwise the timing will be assymetrical.

Be sure to connect all unused inputs of the IC to gnd.

Len

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back