Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need help with my monostable circuit!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I talked about the current of the power supply or battery. If it cannot supply enough current then its voltage will drop until the circuit will not work.
The relay is a 5V one, not a 12V one.

Since the motor works fine when powered by the 9V power supply then the relay or its driver does not work. Does the 9V battery power the motor properly?

The motor stayed on for awhile before switching off but not for long. The 555IC did not burn as well.
But after the third try, the motor did not stay on, maybe i need a stronger power supply and larger R1 to make it stay longer?

if i replace it with a led, the led stays on for a long period of time maybe near 2mins?
But when i replace it with motor, it stays on for few seconds before turning off.
I think the current usage of the motor is pretty high.

Timing parts that are 51k and 470uF produces a timeout of 26 seconds. (51k x 470uF= 24 x 1.1= 26.4 seconds but the tolerance of the capacitor might be -20% and =50%).
Maybe your 555 is connected wrong or is blown up.

If the 470uF cap is leaky it will take longer than predicted to charge up. That would explain the 5mins time-out.

i realized when i remove the capacitor from pin 8, the LED stays on for 27 seconds.
When the capacitor is in the circuit, the LED stays on even longer

Just general experimentation can get results, just note that not all IC's can have their signal pins directly connected without resistance of some sort.

:the Chip or objects Datasheet is an important piece of documentation:
Tho some datasheets have had errors within the data therein.

And also in thought on "typing moment of" as in thoughts being typed can seem quite a bit requirement of dechiphering of whats going on when doing multiple things. An Ideal point that I do not seem to grasp very well is to single out any project and state direct view...

Even tho with any advice or concept of direction, gaining a sense of what and where with anything electronic is and will be time consuming.

Use your own pace even if it leads to exasperation is one phrase I still hear to this day.

i realized when i remove the capacitor from pin 8, the LED stays on for 27 seconds.
When the capacitor is in the circuit, the LED stays on even longer
The datasheet of an LM555 says that a capacitor from pin 8 to pin 1 is important (it provides supply power to the 555 when the 555 output is switching and drawing a 400mA current spike). The minimum supply for an ordinary 555 is 4.5V so its 400mA current spike plus the high startup current of the motor might cause the supply voltage to drop lower than 4.5V without the capacitor.

Perhaps your timing cap is excessively leaky or is shorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back