Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modifying frequencies in a 555 timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

redtalun

Hi, I was wondering if there's anyway to get two different frequencies out of a 555 timer.

Basically, this is my problem: I'm trying to roll two dice simultaneously, but if they use the same clock, there will only be 6 different combinations. Since the clock is running at a pretty high frequency, I figure that if there's a way for me to get one frequency and another one that's slightly lower (by a hertz, or even less), it would put the two displayed digits out of phase.

Is there any way to do this? I'm really strapped for board space, otherwise I'd probably just use a second clock.

Thanks!

If your pressed for board space, replace the 555 with a 556 dual osc/timer IC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back