Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modifying for improved high freq response

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedurz1

Hey everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone is willing to share any ideas on how to improve an amplifier's (boombox or otherwise) high frequency response.

I'm thinking of sinking a cap at the inverting input of the output amp to increase high frequency output. I know this works in theory but the problem is finding the right cap size, and finding which IC holds the output amp (not the power amp), and doing this without having to get a hold of the schematics, to begin with.

A lot of today's non-high end audio electronics have a flat frequency response(not like those of the 80's and 90's) and I just want to improve my listening capabilities without digging deeper into my pocket.

Thanks for replying.

Add some tweeters, piezo ones might suit you best. Most chip amps have massive top end response but your "boom box" probably has no tweeters and just a couple of 6" midrange drivers. If it has tweeters I suspect they are not very good. :)

The "tweeters" on some boom-boxes are just photos of real tweeters pasted on.

Add some tweeters, piezo ones might suit you best. Most chip amps have massive top end response but your "boom box" probably has no tweeters and just a couple of 6" midrange drivers. If it has tweeters I suspect they are not very good. :)

Why do all piezo tweeters make nice clear cymbals sound like distorted maracas?

I think piezo tweeters sound awful. They are extremely distorted and their frequency response goes all over the place due to their many resonances and nulls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back