Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

narco

I am fairly new to the electronic world, so I am not sure of the exact answer of my question. I am trying to build an earpiece microphone that when connected to a digital recorder, will record cellular telephone conversations. If I have a set of earphones, would I be able to clip both wires from the earphones, and connect both to a microphone which I can buy at Radio Shack? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Microphones convert sound signals to elecrical signals.
Earphones convert electrical signals to sound.
I'm unclear why you want to connect a microphone to earphone wires?
Unless its because you want to destroy the microphone by feeding electrical signals INTO it.
If you want to pick up the electrical signals which go to an earphone and feed those into a microphone socket (NOT a microphone!) on a recorder then you might get a mismatch. The earphone signal is usually a lot bigger than the tiny signals from a microphone. So, plugging in an earphone will overload the microphone input unless you attenuate the signal first.

Klaus

Micophone reply

I have both outputs on the recorder, so if I snip off the earphone piece, and reconnect with a microphone, should'nt work in reverse if plugged into the proper output.

you could use the signal to the headphone of a cell phone hands free kit to plug straight into the microphone socket of the recorder. you would have to reduce the signal with a few resistors. that way you could have your phone and the recorder in your pocket with only one wire to your head.

Josh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back