Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mic details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaz

i am wondering if anyone knows how to determine if a mic is any good? the only thing i have noticed is that lapel mics seem to have more gain then a headset, but i'm wondering if you were to compare 2 different mics, how would i tell which one is better?

Good manufacturers make good mics.
I have a few cheap no-name-brand electret mics. They sound OK but not excellent and they have a reasonable sensitivity.
I have a very good PRO name-brand electret mic. It sounds excellent and is sensitive but it is expensive.
I have a tiny electret mic from a name-brand cell phone. It also sounds excellent and is sensitive.

The mic in a headset might be designed with a low sensitivity because it is used very close to your mouth where the sounds are loud. You cannot say it is not good because its sensitivity is low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back