Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Speaker OUT To MIC IN

elyas721

I want to use dfplayer modules speaker output to connect to SIM800L MIC IN Pins.Can this being done? How to connect it?
In other words Instead of a MIC input on SIM800L module, I use the sound out of the dfplayer module.
Please see the attached file.

What is the reason for the noise? How can I fix the noise? Can you guide me by schematic?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_۲۰۲۳۰۷۱۴_۱۱۱۱۰۱.png
    IMG_۲۰۲۳۰۷۱۴_۱۱۱۱۰۱.png
    445.1 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
You can't feed a speaker output into a microphone input.

Historically, the original Philips Cassette recorders had a microphone socket only, and to use it as a line input you added a 1.5M resistor inside the DIN plug, in series with the input pin.

As you're using balanced connections it's a little more complicated, have a look at this page:

You'll have to sort out the values to meet your requirements.

You can't feed a speaker output into a microphone input.

Historically, the original Philips Cassette recorders had a microphone socket only, and to use it as a line input you added a 1.5M resistor inside the DIN plug, in series with the input pin.

As you're using balanced connections it's a little more complicated, have a look at this page:

You'll have to sort out the values to meet your requirements.
I tried the file attachment, it didn't work, it still makes noise

Attachments

• a.png
    a.png
    8 KB · Views: 103
  • image_2023-07-14_131224.png
    image_2023-07-14_131224.png
    2 MB · Views: 103
  • c.png
    c.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 99
It could be that the dfplayer output needs a load resistance across it (output pin to ground pin), eg. a 47 or 100 Ohm, to stabilise it?

Then use a high value resistor from the output pin to the mic input of the next module?

OK, try leaving the load resistor connected at the DFPlayer module, and using a voltage divider at the input of the SIM800L?

eg. 1K directly across the mic input and 10K series resistor from dfplayer out to mic in?

Also, as Nigel said, ensure the ground / 0V connection between the two is short and quite thick wire, to avoid any ground noise.

OK, try leaving the load resistor connected at the DFPlayer module, and using a voltage divider at the input of the SIM800L?

eg. 1K directly across the mic input and 10K series resistor from dfplayer out to mic in?

Also, as Nigel said, ensure the ground / 0V connection between the two is short and quite thick wire, to avoid any ground noise.
Do you mean to test like this?

Attachments

• IMG_20230715_100805.jpg
    IMG_20230715_100805.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 100
The 1K across the SIM800 inputs, plus the 47 or 100 ohm load where you show the 1K.
And 10K (at a guess) between dfplayer out and sim800 mic in.

The 10K series and 1K shunt would form a voltage divider, reducing the level while keeping a fairly low impedance, so hopefully limiting the noise pickup.

The 1K across the SIM800 inputs, plus the 47 or 100 ohm load where you show the 1K.
And 10K (at a guess) between dfplayer out and sim800 mic in.

The 10K series and 1K shunt would form a voltage divider, reducing the level while keeping a fairly low impedance, so hopefully limiting the noise pickup.
I used 1k and 10k resistor but it has no effect

Try a larger resistor in place of the 10K, or smaller in place of the 1K.

The higher the ratio between the two, the smaller the signal will be at the mic input.

What effect are you getting? Overload / distortion, noise??

Can you add a photo of the actual devices & wiring as you have them connected?

The higher the ratio between the two, the smaller the signal will be at the mic input.

I connected two resistors of 10k and the noise decreased a lotNow every few seconds a short noise is created and removedDo you have a solution to completely remove the noise?

Attachments

• IMG_20230715_104751.jpg
    IMG_20230715_104751.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 93

made a mistake with the series of two 10k resistorsThe sound just got weaker, so I couldn't understand the noiseI only did it by wiring to remove the noise, I will close the working circuit cleanerI put a 10k and 680 ohm resistor, but it still had no effectI put the same power supply for sim800l and dfplayer with 3.9 voltage

Attachments

• IMG_20230715_122005.jpg
    IMG_20230715_122005.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 99

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back