Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mass prodution costs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just wondering what it normally costs to have thousands/hundreds of thousands of PCBs made.

I'm sure it depends on a multitude of factors, but lets say I had about a 1.5" x 2.5" board that I wanted mass produced. How much would it cost per unit to get those done? Are we talking 15 cents a board, 2 dollars, what?

Then I'm also wondering what it costs to have the boards soldered up with all the components --- say a PIC, couple other ICs, some connectors, plus 25-30 diodes and passives. What does that kind of service (automated process I'm sure) normally run per unit if you were doing say, 100 thousand units?

Thanks for the info!

Probably about $1.50 assembled and tested. We were doing a couple million disk drives a month with some pretty exotic components for $10.

The PCB cost depends not only on square but also a number of layers.
Two layers PCB with cost you less then $1
Assembling is going per pad.

BTW you should consider production test and chip programming as well. It is paid per hour. About $50. Let's say if testing your assembled PCB takes 1min it will cost you $50/60

Last edited:
SMT $0.05 per component placement
component costs (+$0.50 per square inch of double sided) *1.3
plus some labor
for 1K qty ... you don't save a lot past that as the curve has leveled off to a very low grade ramp

we do one for under $45 @ 50pcs that is about 6" SQ, 7 ICs, 23 passives, and an LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back