Making a doorbell sound???

Status
Not open for further replies.

rancid rock

hey,

how would i make the sound of a doorbell???, i'm using a microcontroller, would programming the microcontroller be the way to make the traditional *ding dong* sound?

thx :wink:

rancid rock said:
hey,

how would i make the sound of a doorbell???, i'm using a microcontroller, would programming the microcontroller be the way to make the traditional *ding dong* sound?

a *ding dong* sound is a combination of many modulated freqharmonics) it may be difficult to replroduce it with a simple micro.

would the traditional *buzzzzzzzzz* be easier?, like that buzz when you open the door through the intercomm from inside your home?

rancid rock said:
Or what about a smoke alarm sound?, is that complicated too???
it's a variable freq: osc. , u can produce a variable voltage using a micro and feed into the VCO , to produce such type of sound.

rancid rock said:
hey,

There is a new sine wave generator chip from MSI, controlled by SPI buss, thus easily interfaced with microcontrollers and Basic Stamps, etc. It is an 8-pin SOIC.

Part number is MSLOSC. Check it out at:

www.mix-sig.com

It will easily generate the tones you require, but achieving the "soft" gong sound is a little trickier. I am currently experimenting with this also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…