Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTspice AC/DC convertor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that I got so high (power w) losses in the diodes, that it is not reasonable (I think). Do I need to change my diodes in the rectifier bridge?
And in that case, which one would suit me best? It seems that I do not know what to select...

For 4 A - Diode 1 - 212 W, Diode 2 - 728u, Diode 3 - 332uW and Diode 4 - 212 W.

Attachments

• OBC_INTERLEAVED_ACDC_LT1248_dflipflop OK.asc
    7.2 KB · Views: 213
  • diodebridge.png
    diodebridge.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
The inrush current effect during the first quarter-cycle of the mains is what you are seeing. Two of the diodes of the bridge (D1 and D4) are subject to this but the other two are not. Since the mains phase position at power-up of a real circuit is not predictable, any of the diodes could be affected in practice, so all diodes should be the same type. An inrush-limiting NTC resistor could be used in series between the mains source and the bridge.

An inrush-limiting NTC resistor
Aha I see. Is it enough to connect a regular resistor, lets say 1kohm or something. Or do I need to find a NTC resistor?
Do you know where I can find it?

--edit--
Hmm, I think I found something here. Would this work, if I used the parameters and the RNTC-resistor.

Attachments

• ntc_wc.asc
    1.6 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Here's a link to some real-life limiters. You would select one based on the continuous current it needs to handle. You may be lucky and find a relevant spice model that works. Your sim in post #103 seems to grind to a halt.

A model of an NTC type would be better. The Yahoo LTS User Group may have one.

I checked there, it seems they have one NTC file, but is an asy. file. Do you know how I can convert it or implement this type of file to my circuit?

I have seen somewhere that I should maybe write a SPICE directive as ".include something?"

Attachments

• ntc_resistor kopia.asy
    554 bytes · Views: 193
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back