Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Loudspeaker Amplifire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you going to use a battery for power? How many volts and what size?
It must have enough capacity to provide the power to the piezo. Its capacity determines how long it lasts.

Dr.EM said:
Mabye an audio transformer? The LT44 with its 1k winding to the circuit and 20k to the piezo would give a good step-up (possibly too much?).
Hi. I coudn't find LT44. What is its name exactly or do u have its datasheet?

Fahime said:
Hi, I use city power not battery. So I'm not worried about the current
Then why use a lousy-sounding little piezo whistle instead of a real speaker driven from a powerful amplifier???

There are only a few 3V amplifiers available and their output power is very low. There are hundreds of more powerful amplifiers that operate from a 9V supply or are used in car radios at 14V.

I tied my circuit with an audio amplifier and a loadspeaker. But the reason that I'm more intrested in piezo is the cost. Actually the life is important too that I didn't consider. Which one has longer life, piezo or loudspeaker?

Speakers last a long time if they don't get wet, don't get poked or don't get burned.
Piezo transducers will be broken if they get poked or from too much power.

Speakers sound much better and cheap ones are available.

power limit

audioguru said:
Piezo transducers will be broken if they get poked or from too much power..
I have seen a label on the speakers that shows power limit but what about piezo? What can I find its power limit?

Fahime said:
I have seen a label on the speakers that shows power limit but what about piezo? What can I find its power limit?
A piezo is a capacitor that needs voltage and current to charge and discharge it. Too much voltage will break it and is listed on its datasheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back