Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for the forums help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will find that the car alarm will go off too often to be of any use like this.

I disagree and I'll use a "real-life" to explain. For the past two years I've watched the local 4th fireworks from a location with a similar environment as you describe, or worse. A jam packed 4 lane street with cars and motorcycles rolling by, chatting passer-bys, personal and car radios playing, etc. All is well in the parking lot where we're "tailgating" untill the first thumping fireworks arrive. Promptly multiple car alarms go off. These alarms are already tolerating noise levels many times the ambient noise level of our suburban neighborhood with out being set off. Car alarms exsist already with ajustable sensitivity for motion and sound. Extra circuitry isn't necessary. The thundering bass from the neighbor is louder than the fireworks, my driveway is well positioned and the distance is short. So I'm sure the alarm could be used at least in my situation. If you live where ambient noise is already high, or the distance is great, this may not work.

Seriously, if you are in the United States, call the police.

Some of these comments seem to assume that I'm a dolt. I already know the ordinaces and the police are probably swapping christmas cards with these people they know them so well. Multiple neighbors have complained. If it all worked that easily, we wouldn't be discussing it here. These folks are not evil or dealing drugs. They are inconciderate teen's/20's with their friends and parents who must already be half deaf. They arn't just going to "move on". For a while the situation improved, but now they're back to the same habits. Futher they've seemed to work out just how long they can blast the radio before they get on your last nerve tempting you to call the police. 15 mins, then quite, 20 mins? Do I call when they first turn in on?

By all means you should use the normal neighborly and legal options first. That may be all you need. My suggestion is for other poor souls that have been 'round and 'round the "proper" channels with little relief. It would be a better ideal than building a tesla coil and frying all the electronics in a 6 house radius anyway. As I finish typing this, the bass is blasting accross the street again. 10-15 it will be gone, but it will be back soon. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back