Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a thermal switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

p14u5h

Hi guys

We have a small SPST mechanical switch, capable of switching from 0.2 to 20 milliamperes into a resistive load at 10-32 VDC. Now we are planning to add a thermal switch to it in series which shall stay open below 115F, close the circuit above 120± 5F. The switch shall open again when temperature drops to 80±5 F. The switch shall be able to handle 100,000 cycles.
I am looking for a very small thermal switch of size ¼ inches or less. I have googled a lot but to no avail. I have a thermal switch which failed due to some reason and which is smaller than ¼ inches, has two pins on it, but I do not know the source for buying.

Can anybody suggest me what kinda switch it might be and from where I can buy.

Thanks in advance

Try Digikey, they sell polyfuses which work as you describe.

You may be looking a PTC resettable switch, except that they open at higher current/temperature.

Thanks Sceadwin
But I have gone through that before, and it's hard to find such small size thermal switch.

the most important criteria am looking for is the small size, along with meeting all other requirements. I have found few thermal switches but the size always was more than 1/2 inch length or dia. I am looking for sth less than 1/4 inches and I think its there in the market as I have a failed thermal switch of size .2 inches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back