Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM335 to control 555 timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elbobbo

Hey,
For my project I am trying to use a LM335Z to control the duty cycle of the output of a 555 timer.
So the duty cycle output of the 555 timer is 5 to 95% is this possible?
I had tried to use a thermistor to control the 555 timer to get a 5 to 95% duty cycle, with a 50% duty cycle at 25 degrees C, but to no success.
Is there any other way of gaining a PWM of 5 to 95% with a thermistor or a temperature sensor like the LM335Z?

The end goal is to output this signal to a set comparators at opposite polarity to then drive 4 MOSFETs (2 p and to n channel) in a H-Bridge with a 12vDC motor in the centre.
So the temperature dives the motor to either suck hot air in warming or draw cool are out cooling the room to 25 degrees C
Cheers

What temperatures for the 5% and 95% duty-cycles?

Controlling the 555 itself won't give you a 5% to 95% range IMO. Better to use the 555 to generate an approximate triangle wave which is then compared with a reference voltage to give the PWM signal.

a 555 with a comparator to do the PWM as alec suggested.
You replace the pot at the comparator input with an amplified and offset voltage from the LM335 to get the desired variation in duty-cycle with temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back