Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM2917 Tachometer for V12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex, did you eventually get a tacho that works ? I have the same problem, checked all the resistors and capacitors and all seems ok so i suspect the 'unknown' TI chip is gone.

There were 5 wires and 6 wires OPUS systems. The 5 wires picked up the tacho signal directly from the '-' of the coil through a 6.8K Lucas resistor .

I am now using a Petronix ignition system, it works very well

Rui

Wow, this is an old thread! I'm sorry I've only just seen this. Yes I did get it to work using the circuit attached to post #32 but with a couple of changes. I said earlier in the thread that the 47k resistor was wrong, it should read 4.7k, and I also changed the 0.022u cap for something a little bigger, but can't remember exactly what now - it was three years ago!

I guess you've got yours working now but my system is not the OPUS, I changed it to the later AB14 amplifier used on HE engines. One day I plan to put it back to original in spite of its unreliability, so I'll have to wait and see if it still works after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back