Little Electronic Organ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I've searched a lot about making a cheap, no-frills electronic organ, and they sound pretty well too. But it sounds like a square wave... I believe there's the Wien Bridge Oscillator to make it sounds uh... smoother?

And could I make a darn simple polyphonic organ using a op-amp mixer with two parts, bass and treble?

littletransistor said:
Hi there,

I've searched a lot about making a cheap, no-frills electronic organ, and they sound pretty well too. But it sounds like a square wave... I believe there's the Wien Bridge Oscillator to make it sounds uh... smoother?

Yes, but sinewaves are very boring - organs usually use squarewaves and filter them.

And could I make a darn simple polyphonic organ using a op-amp mixer with two parts, bass and treble?

For polyphonic you need a seperate oscillator for each voice, as you say, you could use a mixer to add them together.

Use two hex schmitt triger inverter ICs as 12 oscillators turned to the musical scale. Add a low pass filter to each oscillator to smooth and make it more sinsoidal. Feed the outputs of all the oscillators in to a mixer followed by a power amplifier connected to a speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…