Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Little Electronic Organ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I've searched a lot about making a cheap, no-frills electronic organ, and they sound pretty well too. But it sounds like a square wave... I believe there's the Wien Bridge Oscillator to make it sounds uh... smoother?

And could I make a darn simple polyphonic organ using a op-amp mixer with two parts, bass and treble? :)

littletransistor said:
Hi there,

I've searched a lot about making a cheap, no-frills electronic organ, and they sound pretty well too. But it sounds like a square wave... I believe there's the Wien Bridge Oscillator to make it sounds uh... smoother?

Yes, but sinewaves are very boring - organs usually use squarewaves and filter them.

And could I make a darn simple polyphonic organ using a op-amp mixer with two parts, bass and treble? :)

For polyphonic you need a seperate oscillator for each voice, as you say, you could use a mixer to add them together.

Use two hex schmitt triger inverter ICs as 12 oscillators turned to the musical scale. Add a low pass filter to each oscillator to smooth and make it more sinsoidal. Feed the outputs of all the oscillators in to a mixer followed by a power amplifier connected to a speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back