Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LG dvd recorder DR275

Status
Not open for further replies.

avz

Hi all
I have an LG DR275 dvd recorder. after inserting a disc into it it tries to read and play it but to no avail - it display shaws "reading" and after a while it changes to "open" and the drawer opens. I beleive that the problem is with the drive, since cleaning the lens was no help. if that's indeed, does somebody knows where I can find to buy a new drive?
Thanks.

Hi all
I have an LG DR275 dvd recorder. after inserting a disc into it it tries to read and play it but to no avail - it display shaws "reading" and after a while it changes to "open" and the drawer opens. I beleive that the problem is with the drive, since cleaning the lens was no help. if that's indeed, does somebody knows where I can find to buy a new drive?
Thanks.

Could be a weak laser. Try a regular music CD the information isn't as hard to read. This will tell you something.

Grease the rails make sure it's not getting hung up on the glides.

kv

Buy a new DVD recorder (and a better make than LG), Sony had some DVD recorders made by LG, and they were absolutely CRAP!!.

Nice machines, well featured and worked great, but the mechs died in a very short time. To repair them you had to change the complete mech, and it was ludicrously expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back