Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Level Shifter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not familiar with the term discrete MOSFET ... Not sure if it helps, but we're choosing level 3 (I think), in p spice for the simulation ... 0.8 micron is the min size of anything

Ah. Ye old edit. I always miss them.

>> EDIT: ADG201A isn't an assignment, it's a part. What are you doing with the analog switch?

I'm not sure I know what you mean ... We have to design the switch and the control part of it. Just one mind, I don't know if I could handle four the that are in the schematic I linked to ;)

So, from the image on the page I linked to the section:

IN1, D1 and S1.

We don't have to design how it would rest on a chip or anything. Just the widths, lengths, etc. That what you were asking?

bagydor said:
Ah. Ye old edit. I always miss them.

>> EDIT: ADG201A isn't an assignment, it's a part. What are you doing with the analog switch?

I'm not sure I know what you mean ... We have to design the switch and the control part of it. Just one mind, I don't know if I could handle four the that are in the schematic I linked to ;)

So, from the image on the page I linked to the section:

IN1, D1 and S1.

We don't have to design how it would rest on a chip or anything. Just the widths, lengths, etc. That what you were asking?
I think I understand now. You have to design a CMOS analog switch and the level translators to be able to drive it from 5 volt logic levels, including designing the analog switch transistors. So is it OK to use packaged bipolar transistors (e.g., 2N3904, 2N3906), or do you also have to design the transistors in the level translators?

Just a reply to say thanks again. I got it working on ... Sunday/Monday-ish. Been either too busy or tired to reply before now. I appreciate your help and criticism and your ideas. Thanks for the hints too and for not getting frustrated with me and just giving me the answer, though ye pretty much did ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back