Led Placement Eaglecad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reno

Hi I have designed a LED vu meter in eaglecad to replicate a traditional analog vu meter. However I am having problems laying the leds in a semi circle.
I have tried to use the RUN ULP but have had no luck, and would really appreciated if someone could hep me out thanks.

P.S Here are some links and a pic to what I am talking about

Attachments

• led_vu_pcb.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 281
GeesH! Jon.. where have you been??? Good to see you helping out again!!

Thanks. I take a look now and then and help out when I can.

Reno, Jon's suggestion is good for circular and rectangular arrangements. For arbitrary designs (e.g., a pcb to fit in a particular enclosure with cutouts), there is a dxf import utility called: import-dxf-1_6.ulp . I am not sure whether that is included in ver. 7.3. For 7.2 and before, you need to download it from cadsoftusa or a site appropriate for where you are. That version incorporates all of the current improvements. You can import into any layer, but I usually use "dimension" and then change as needed. Dimensions are very accurate -- I hate the 8 decimals or whatever is used in Eagle 7.0+. You also want your cad program in inches and import into inches. If your cad is in mm and your board is in inches, you will get a scale of 1 mm = 1", which wastes a lot of board space.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…