Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DesignSpark 3D view Apply LED colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomsCircuit

Tried for a while to figure this out.
Can you re-use one 3D element (say a green LED) for multiple components? Yep. Can I figure out how to apply this to my existing components? Nope.
Ive tried wild cards, renaming, not working.

Ive got 4 LED Components LED5Y, LED5R, LED5G, LED5B
All assigned to the same PCB symbol "LED5"
How do I get the colors to show up correctly in 3D view
The 3D Views are LED_Y*, LED_R*, LED_G*, LED_B*

Tried for a while to figure this out.
Can you re-use one 3D element (say a green LED) for multiple components? Yep. Can I figure out how to apply this to my existing components? Nope.
Ive tried wild cards, renaming, not working.

Ive got 4 LED Components LED5Y, LED5R, LED5G, LED5B
All assigned to the same PCB symbol "LED5"
How do I get the colors to show up correctly in 3D view
The 3D Views are LED_Y*, LED_R*, LED_G*, LED_B*
You have to make a unique footprint name to represent each color, then make a 3D package with the color you want for each.

you can map multiple footprints to one 3D graphic but not the other way around.

So...make a copy of LED5 to LED_Y LED_R LED_G and LED_B
The make a package LED_Y LED_R LED_G and LED_B. Each of the corresponding LED graphic and color
The add each footprint and package to the corresponding component.

In my system, I made a single LED component with multiple PCB symbols mapped to the appropriate 3D view/color.
I just change the component's PCB symbol property to the color I need.

Last edited:
you can map multiple footprints to one 3D graphic but not the other way around.
figured as much. A fella on the support group for DS said he did get it to work just by editing the 3D Package value to = a 3D name but i could not do the same. could be something only in the pro version. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back