Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Led Placement Eaglecad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reno

Hi I have designed a LED vu meter in eaglecad to replicate a traditional analog vu meter. However I am having problems laying the leds in a semi circle.
I have tried to use the RUN ULP but have had no luck, and would really appreciated if someone could hep me out thanks.

P.S Here are some links and a pic to what I am talking about

Attachments

• led_vu_pcb.png
    led_vu_pcb.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 278
Reno, Jon's suggestion is good for circular and rectangular arrangements. For arbitrary designs (e.g., a pcb to fit in a particular enclosure with cutouts), there is a dxf import utility called: import-dxf-1_6.ulp . I am not sure whether that is included in ver. 7.3. For 7.2 and before, you need to download it from cadsoftusa or a site appropriate for where you are. That version incorporates all of the current improvements. You can import into any layer, but I usually use "dimension" and then change as needed. Dimensions are very accurate -- I hate the 8 decimals or whatever is used in Eagle 7.0+. You also want your cad program in inches and import into inches. If your cad is in mm and your board is in inches, you will get a scale of 1 mm = 1", which wastes a lot of board space. ;)

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back