Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTspice model for COB LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyback

Hi,
Do you know how I can get a LTspice model for the LC019D and LC033D LEDs from Samsung?
Ie something that gives the same I,V curve when a DC sweep is done?
(pages 26,27 of datasheet)
**broken link removed**

I did the attached but its not accurate

Attachments

• vf LC033D dc sweep I_test.asc
    993 bytes · Views: 175
Hi,
Do you know how I can get a LTspice model for the LC019D and LC033D LEDs from Samsung?
**broken link removed**

Hi

Check back here in 24 hrs and will post a model(s).

eT

How about this?
COB_LED.PNG

Last edited:
The how is interesting to me.
It looks like you need 40 "diodes" to get a part that starts to conduct at 30 to 32 volts. But the slope of the curve is too flat at 1V/amp. Adding 2 ohms will increase the curve by 2V/A.

Hello

The Leds your interested in can be built using the LC003D as a base model.
I've determined the IV curve for the LC003D. All you need to do is use the "M" parameter to connect the LC003D in parallel to produce the other models. See example below.

eT

COB_LED_Test.png

Hi,
**broken link removed**

See post #5

Untitled.png

Thanks alec_t.....your way of doing it is the onlyu one i seem to be able to use.
I did another one for the LC019D as in page 26 of the top post datasheet. Its attached.

I suppose it uses the standard diode model of LTspice, and then the resistor is added to increase the gradient as required.

eTech i like your approach with the model statement, i must admit i havent been able to make it work for me....certainly due to my lack of skill only

Attachments

• vf LC019D__.asc
    672 bytes · Views: 177
I suppose it uses the standard diode model of LTspice, and then the resistor is added to increase the gradient as required.
Yup. No bells and whistles.

Thanks alec_t.....your way of doing it is the onlyu one i seem to be able to use.
I did another one for the LC019D as in page 26 of the top post datasheet. Its attached.

Yes...but it isn't very accurate since you asked to produce the diode IV curve.

eTech i like your approach with the model statement, i must admit i havent been able to make it work for me....certainly due to my lack of skill only

Whatever works for you;)

The way I've done it is really very simple.

The LEDs with the multiple strings of LEDs in parallel are all made from the LC003D (this is deduced from the datasheet).
Once the IV curve for the LC003D (12 LEDs in series) is determined, just connect multiple LC003D in parallel (using the "M" parameter) as needed to produce the remaining models.

In the Post#5 example for the LC019D, this LED has 6 series strings. So using the diode model for the LC003D, and simply added M=6 at the end of the model name specified in the symbol.

Anyway....glad you got what you needed...:)

eT

Thanks eTech, i must admit though, the M=10 version for the LC033D COB doesnt seem quite accurate, as attached.

Attachments

• vf LC033D_WITH D MODEL.asc
    823 bytes · Views: 187
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back