Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED Flashing Circuit Y-Diagram Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now here's the real question: without a timing circuit, what is making the LEDs in the schematic I posted flashing not in sequence but in pairs? Any takers?

Now here's the real question: without a timing circuit, what is making the LEDs in the schematic I posted flashing not in sequence but in pairs? Any takers?

The original circuit documentation explains that its the 'dark' led that moves thru the chain so for a 3 led it will appear to flash in pairs.

Add another stage and you will see the 'dark' led progresses thru the chain.

Thats why in my circuit with the extra transistor per led its the 'lit' led that progresses.

OK.?

Attachments

• esp02 Oct. 20.gif
    esp02 Oct. 20.gif
    45.8 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
So, the drama continues. Once again, keep in mind that I'm a complete amature. I barely remember the theory that was taught to me 5 years ago or so. However, and in the meantime, I went to the DIY Instructables website and bought that LED Christmas light string. Two of them. Alas, they are rated 110/120 AC. Not for a 9 volt DC battery. Well, at least I have spare parts or can use it later for something else. I even looked at something called Arduino in order to see how difficult it would be to go the timing circuit route one day. Yeah...one day.

So Eric, if you will indulge me further, how might one design the circuit you gave me without using a breadboard? I have limited space behind the facade. I was hoping to do it cheap and dirty, right?! What would that look like "in the flesh," as it were. Thanks!

S
So Eric, if you will indulge me further, how might one design the circuit you gave me without using a breadboard? I have limited space behind the facade. I was hoping to do it cheap and dirty, right?! What would that look like "in the flesh," as it were. Thanks!

The layout depends upon the free space you have in the box.

Whats the free volume, width,height,depth.?

The circuit could be built on stripboard to suit the space.

Last edited:
If I remember (I'm not home right now and can't measure it), it's a box of about 4"x4" and about 2" deep-maybe. I raised it up for that purpose recently, giving it more depth. There is enough room for, say, the circuit board that came with the 3 LED flasher kit. So, if that can be modified, then we're in the money. I'll take more pictures and post more images.

I can't tell you guys how much you are helping me out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back