Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

leaf market find :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

fezder

Hey all, i noticed this typewriter at flea market for 2€, lable said also condition=? (untested) so i thought, what the hell, its only 2€, there's gotta be something of value in there, and I'm too curious to pass this cind of opportunity to pass. when i got home, no fellas, sorry to disappoint you but i couldn't resist to turn it on first before breaking her apart. Well it turned on ok, BUT surprise, ERROR light lit up after initiation checkup. Hmm, wonder what's problem. I opened it up, and found pencil head that obstructed writers horizontal movement. now it worked like charm, followed even my typos....and it wouldn't type when ''machine'' room was opened, i noticed small micro switch. Nice!. and, as you can see from pictures, well at least i'm surprised how much logic and stuff is/was inside this ''beast''. considering all these components, there was also couple stepper motors too, quite big actually, this was indeed worth 2€, without forgetting educational purpose too :). but, that's all ****-chat for now, please comment, in positive or negative way, roses have spikes if you know what i mean :)

Attachments

• Olivetti ET-110_1.jpg
    Olivetti ET-110_1.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 303
  • Olivetti ET-110_2.jpg
    Olivetti ET-110_2.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 262
  • Olivetti ET-110_3.jpg
    Olivetti ET-110_3.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 310
  • Olivetti ET-110_4.jpg
    Olivetti ET-110_4.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 310
  • Olivetti ET-110_5.jpg
    Olivetti ET-110_5.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 315
  • Olivetti ET-110_6.jpg
    Olivetti ET-110_6.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 257
  • Olivetti ET-110_7.jpg
    Olivetti ET-110_7.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 309
  • Olivetti ET-110_8.jpg
    Olivetti ET-110_8.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 335
  • Olivetti ET-110_9.jpg
    Olivetti ET-110_9.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 265
  • Olivetti ET-110_10.jpg
    Olivetti ET-110_10.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 271
  • Olivetti ET-110_11.jpg
    Olivetti ET-110_11.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 313
  • Olivetti ET-110_12.jpg
    Olivetti ET-110_12.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 257
LOL. Again

Mr ETO collector person. Stop it now :eek: No space left here anymore.

Regards,
tvtech

Oops, sorry :D i'll stop it, for now its possible

A very good find for only 2€, especially in working condition! I still have one of those from my early school days. Typed several papers on it. Nice bit of machinery--top of its time.

Fezder, these are the types of things that would make excellent blog entries. Have you started a blog here on ETO yet? If not, I HIGHLY recommend you do!

EDIT: Sorry, the one I have isn't quite the same. It's probably about 10 years older :p Should have taken a closer look from the start....

A very good find for only 2€, especially in working condition! I still have one of those from my early school days. Typed several papers on it. Nice bit of machinery--top of its time.

Fezder, these are the types of things that would make excellent blog entries. Have you started a blog here on ETO yet? If not, I HIGHLY recommend you do!

EDIT: Sorry, the one I have isn't quite the same. It's probably about 10 years older :p Should have taken a closer look from the start....

yeah, my father said when he was back in the days studying as graduate Commercial Institute, there was ONLY 2 of these particular models in Business Institute. sorry if those terms are not right ones, i used google translate because limited language :D. and, blog? can you tell more, is it that ETO blog here right next to forum link top of the page?

We have a old manual typewriter at work. One of the employees young sons came into the office, looked at it and wondered what it was. He had no idea what a manual typewriter was :)

We have a old manual typewriter at work. One of the employees young sons came into the office, looked at it and wondered what it was. He had no idea what a manual typewriter was :)
i gotta admit, i had no idea either, i was born in 90's so i'm that young......but i'we newer even heard of manual elecric ones, but i knew and saw manual mechanical ones :).

Hi fezder

If I were you I would clean it nicely and all and keep it as a piece of History. Heck, electric typewriters went out when Microsoft Word came in. More or less.

I used an IBM electric typewriter as a student. Brilliant stuff. No computer required, just 220VAC, paper and skilled hands to type..the skilled hands part let me down.

I am still useless at typing. That is why my posts still take me sooo long :eek:

Regards,
tvtech

hey, thanks for opinion, i'm not sure yet what i do with it, i did notice other typewriter too at same ''table'' (its just one big store full of junk, like recycling center but as shop too) there was/is if i recall right, LG or AEG or similar typewriter @ 5€, i was ''cheap'' and didn't buy that one.

Hi fezder

LG and typewriter does not ring a bell. Never seen one anywhere. LG as a company is too young to worry about that. Strictly Digital.
AEG and typewriter might though.

Stop buying stuff now. You are going to clutter the Forum :p

Regards,
tvtech

haha thought so, my memory just plays things with me sometimes :D well, i could buy stuff, but i stop now messing the forum :D.

Hi fezder

I am sure the Forum members do not mind. But, as Derstrom (Matt) mentioned..a Blog might be better.
Everything in one place is always better.

And as Matt said.....your buying stuff etc. is perfect for a Blog. Could be a great addition to ETO. I am sure lots of folks (me included) will check there from time to time to see what deal/purchase you have made. Let Matt explain it to you in Chat maybe???

Over to you Matt.

Regards,
tvtech

haha, yeah you are right, all in one place is better, and i'we been thinking about making blog, just been unsure about the idea. no content see? :D. but, matt, i'm all yours!

Thanks guys :D

Yes fezder, the "blog" tab at the top of the page, next to "forum" is where you'd want to click first. Once on that page, there's a blue button off to the right. It's a bit difficult to read because of the text and button coloring, but it says "Create new post", or something like that. Click it and you'll be able to set up your blog :)

Have fun!
Matt

Thanks guys :D

Yes fezder, the "blog" tab at the top of the page, next to "forum" is where you'd want to click first. Once on that page, there's a blue button off to the right. It's a bit difficult to read because of the text and button coloring, but it says "Create new post", or something like that. Click it and you'll be able to set up your blog :)

Have fun!
Matt

hey matt, thanks for info :). yes it was bit tricky to see such pale-blue link, i'll start the blog in near future, perhaps tomorrow, but not today, its 21.30 PM here, and i need to wake up at 6.30AM :D

There, said and done, i now started writing blog, i'll post my future stuff there, no more forum flooding ;D. and please, read :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back