Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD Grab...

Status
Not open for further replies.

granddad

Most Helpful Member
Maplin (UK) is not what it was for electronic 'makers' , but I had a look round anyway, came across a grab bag of displays (Kemo brand S043 ) , for 4.99 .. so I grabbed it , Nice graphic lcd , with bl , a 3 digit SS, raw lcd , also had 12 symbols , mA, degree C, arrows, flame , no flame , etc.( so 4 digit + back plane ?, 18 pins ) + bl. Bag also had interesting 6 led circle. and a few SS leds, 10 in all.
disp01.jpg

Last edited:
I got one a year back, there wasnt lcd's like yours in it.
Wasnt what I expected, there was a 2x16 hitachi type display in there, or so it looked, when I got it connected up it turned out the 2nd line was actually just symbols.
I did get a couple of interesting 10 segment led bargraphs though.
The kemo bag of trimmer caps is good quality and value, if you use that kinda thing.
Maplin has had to adapt to a word where there are ferwer and fewer playing with electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back