Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Laptop LCD brown-out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used Samsung Dex? It is basically a desktop environment using your smartphone.

You connect a monitor to the phone (any number of ways, but USB3 to HDMI or USB3 to DisplayPort, or even USB3 to a docking station that has ports for video, ethernet, USB, and memory cards). and you can open up Dex which basically gets you a desktop computer.

It looks like a typical desktop UI. You connect a keyboard/mouse and boom...desktop computer. What this means is that your smartphone can REALLY be your only computer. (I mean you COULD type out your 1,000-word essays on your phone, but really?).

Is this a potential "Killer App"? A single item for all of your computer needs. They could even do a "laptop" that is just a keyboard/screen/battery and you pop in your phone (which can act as your touchpad.

(You can also do Dex through your laptop as a stand-alone window, but I haven't tried that.

Has anyone used Samsung Dex? It is basically a desktop environment using your smartphone.

You connect a monitor to the phone (any number of ways, but USB3 to HDMI or USB3 to DisplayPort, or even USB3 to a docking station that has ports for video, ethernet, USB, and memory cards). and you can open up Dex which basically gets you a desktop computer.

It looks like a typical desktop UI. You connect a keyboard/mouse and boom...desktop computer. What this means is that your smartphone can REALLY be your only computer. (I mean you COULD type out your 1,000-word essays on your phone, but really?).

Is this a potential "Killer App"? A single item for all of your computer needs. They could even do a "laptop" that is just a keyboard/screen/battery and you pop in your phone (which can act as your touchpad.

(You can also do Dex through your LCD SCREEN as a stand-alone window, but I haven't tried that.
thanks in advance for any help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back