Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD display for tachometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

eugoogoly

could anybody tell me how it is possible to put a LCD display on a circuit i have for a photo tachometer. The circuit i have is designed to have an analogue display.

All help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If you want to ad a LCD to a project then you need a LCD with driver and a processor that will send the info to the driver what you want to display.

Look to the PIC processors they not exspensif and not had to learn use them, they can have analoge inputs with A/D converters in it so you can do what you want with them.

Cya

Just a suggestion, perhaps you could connect a digital multimeter to the analog output. These are quite cheap and all you'd need was some voltage divider to calibrate the reading to the analogue output. If you are happy with the readings you could get a LCD panel meter module which has all the electronics on board to convert an analogue input and provisions to scale it as well.

It is my experience that a digital display for a tacho would need a lot of damping to stop the last digit from counting up or down too much if the Rev's fluctuate somewhat - very annoying to watch and hard to read.
This could be done easily with a capacitor across the input, though if you use a panel meter module its update rate is slow enough to compensate by a fair amount already.

I just get in mind that I have made a voeding some time and we used a display to a 7-sigmet display and a little driver where you can input a analoge signaal. You need to use some pot-meters for the final tuch and then it can work to. Meaby I can look some time at home of I have some sheets about it and stuf.

Cya

You dont need a pic to display a analog value on a display
71 series of display A/D converters does this

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back