Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Laser or IR beam alarm system

Status
Not open for further replies.
pesonal alarm

Would it be possible to place one of these 110db personal alarms instead of the buzzer by connecting the two wires that would normally go to and from the buzzer and connecting them to the battery terminals on the personal alarm, or would i have to modify the circut in any way (different resistor :eek:hm: , different placement, etc.)

Dexel said:
Pretty nice design. I made one myself but it only has three components. A resistor, transistor, and a photo transistor. I wired it so that I have an input of 220watts and an output of 220watts(so I can use either a radio or a lighting fixture or any appliance running in 220watts) I've been having loads of fun with it but there's just one problem. It turns off as soon as you leave the beam so I want to install a time switch and have it run for a few more seconds after its turned on. Can you help me? I don't know what to add to give it that effect.
can u give me the circuit diagram.i would like to build up one of those.
this my email-id -lurkingdevil@gmail.com .Also please tell me how to keep it on for some time if u fugured it out.thx

there is another way to build a circut, just have a battery connected to a photocell holding up a nail with an electromagnet, than, if the laser stops, the nail drops and completes another circut that triggers an alarm

why are you asking for the circuit?. it's on the first page of this thread!!

what is the part of the circuit that controls how long it stays on? i am hoping to make this circuit with only a capacitor, a transistor, a photocell, and a resistor, but i need to know how to make it stay on for 10 seconds. i dont need the circuit, im just wondering if this will work.

Dexel said:
Pretty nice design. I made one myself but it only has three components. A resistor, transistor, and a photo transistor. I wired it so that I have an input of 220watts and an output of 220watts(so I can use either a radio or a lighting fixture or any appliance running in 220watts) I've been having loads of fun with it but there's just one problem. It turns off as soon as you leave the beam so I want to install a time switch and have it run for a few more seconds after its turned on. Can you help me? I don't know what to add to give it that effect.

can i have the circuit to? heres my email- dak0ta1@hotmail.com

Plz Get ThE OpErATioN aND cOnstructiOn Of ThIS cIRCuit.

Hey...this is a gud circuit ... Actually it would be nice if I get the theory, construction and the design of this circuit. Pls get me with the same.

it sounds like you want this for school. Not suprised.

NiniPoojaSheeja said:
Hey...this is a gud circuit ... Actually it would be nice if I get the theory, construction and the design of this circuit. Pls get me with the same.

All I saw was this.

**broken link removed**

Hi, does anyone had a schematic for IR sensor? i want to hook it to my game controller so i need IR so that it would be invisible when i struck it. tnx~

hay i am trying to make your gadget but i need the codes for the 4 transistors on this design could you tell me the codes

hay crumlink i need to make a laser alarm for a school project but the circuit diagram here does not give the code for the trasistors can you give it to me or do you have a new design that i could follow please reply now

You can use any small signal transistors. Examples:

NPN: 2N3904, 2N2222, MMBT4401, BC547, BC847
PNP: 2N3906, 2N2907, MMBT4403, BC556, BC557

russianbadboylb said:
why dont people just modefy a nightlight?

Mains voltage isn't required to solve the problem, and night lights use mains voltage. Why mess with it if you don't have to? It's simpler to do using a photodiode or phototransistor, a transistor or two, and a 555, or even a microcontroller. Almost any microcontroller you could name would actually be serious overkill unless you wanted to add some features.

Other problems with using a night light:

• They're slow. Night lights use LDRs (light-dependent resistors) which have a response time which might be a problem, depending on the speed of the target.
  • Designing your own, i.e. using a 555, lets you control more things, such as how long the alarm signal lasts. With a night light as the trigger, you would have to design a system (possibly using a 555) to control how long the alarm lasts. If you didn't, your buzzer would only buzz while the beam was actually interrupted. Somebody just walking through it would make it go "BZ" for less than a second. Using something like a 555 you could make it buzz for, say, 5 seconds.

While you could probably make a working alarm circuit from a night light, in short, it would be a) dangerous, and b) slow.

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back