Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Kalundborg 243 Khz reference transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr pepper

Most Helpful Member
Long time members will know I like to build frequency references & time receivers.
I just come across this while surfing:
https://circuit-diagramz.com/kalunndborg-10-mhz-frequency-reference/
There is a transmitter in Denmark operating on 243Kc, and is frequency controlled very accurately.
Using kiwi sdr receiver sites further away to this from me I get a good signal on this 243Kc.
Looks like another project in the midst.
The interesting and useful thing about this signal is that there is no mod at all, which makes locking an oscillator to it fairly simple.

You are in the UK, correct?

Will the signal reach you?
From the linked article, the range appears to be only 500 km.

Yes I get a good signal at various places in the Uk, I havent tried at my shack yet, I'm in a bit of a dip, however this is Lf so it'll probably work.

You are in the UK, correct?

Will the signal reach you?
From the linked article, the range appears to be only 500 km.

I hear it quite well in North East Scotland, the distance is just over 900km.

The transmitter does not appear to run full time, listening this morning it started at about 10:35 and stopped at about 11:30 BST.

JimB

Thats interesting.
I'll listen to it over a longer period before I build anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back