Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just one more to add to the rest

You can turn a computer on by just pressing a button.... Try that with a gal.........

Well, men are like toasters, press the right bit and you get toast.

Girls are, well, accordions. Just so many buttons to press you just don't know where to start.

Great news though guys. I found the right ones to press. Send me rep and I'll send the button map. (where is that evil smiley?)

Isn't life fun.:D;)

Mike.

Well, men are like toasters, press the right bit and you get toast.

Girls are, well, accordions. Just so many buttons to press you just don't know where to start.

Great news though guys. I found the right ones to press. Send me rep and I'll send the button map. (where is that evil smiley?)

Isn't life fun.:D;)

Mike.

Now, that's funny. LOL:p

I have a lost ancient hindu chart. (I should send it to you.:D)

See, I have a fun side as well.

P.S. send charts.

Mike.

Last edited:
The chart directs you to the spot on their forehead with the words.

"press here":D

Last edited:
Forget the charts. All the buttons are 64 bit encrypted and must be entered in correct order or a complete system shutdown occurs. During the cold reboot, you may get lucky during the Ram portion of the P.O.S.T sequence. :)

Just one more to add to the rest

You can turn a computer on by just pressing a button.... Try that with a gal.........

Maybe you need a bigger button :)

nice one, now you try italian where everything has a gender according to grammer rules, the same word in male means a plank, in the female a table !

killiovolt.

2001 was written in 1968, 2010 in 82. 2061 was written in 87 and no movie was ever made. I'd never heard of it till I looked it up just now to find the dates but apparently there was a book 3001 written in 1997?

IMHO 2001 is a truly epic piece of science fiction, one of the best I've ever read, 2010 had a couple bad moments and was more story oriented by still a fine follow up. The rest I haven't read yet so..

If you enjoy Arthur C. Clark's works you should read RENDEVOUS WITH RAMA and the sequels. Excellent works of his. His literary details easily created mental images for me while reading the two books. I still have them on my shelf today and value them greatly.

Rendezvous with Rama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://www.bing.com/reference/semh...pvt=rendevous+with+rama&q=rendevous+with+rama

Rendezvous with Rama - 1972
Rama II - 1989
The Garden of Rama - 1991
Rama Revealed - 1993

I read a few of the rama book and they were quite thought invoking. Especially the idea of binary creatures. It made you think that maybe there is scope for creatures vastly different to us.

I'm always amazed when people state that interstellar travel is impossible. What if the visitors lived on a planet that took 100 years to orbit their sun. They may live for 7000 years and a 1000 year trip is not really that daunting.

To the mayfly, travel of a mile is impossible. We are thinking like a mayfly.

Mike.
P.S. what if their planet took 1 million years to orbit? Wow.

P.S. what if their planet took 1 million years to orbit? Wow.

I just saw Avatar at first I thought I might be held hostage in a movie about Giant Alien smurfs and be bored for 3 hrs.

Liked it.

They had what used to be (Science Fiction) as the theme stretching it out using plenty of Cultural and Religious (Double Speak) euphemism.

Meanwhile the wife enjoyed some Romantic Interlude! ;)

Last edited:
Pommie, if you think like that and haven't read it read Dragons Egg by Robert Forward, get it. Hard sci-fi about life evoloving on a neutron star, they never physically evolve from anything more complicated than amoeba like organisms with pseudo external limbs, but because their life processes are based on atomic processes rather than molecular ones they live several thousand times faster than us, and even though they're roughly of the same mass (although made from degenerate matter) they're only about the size of a silver dollar. The book starts with the first extra solar manned mission to a neutron star and in the course of like a one or two week mission their entire civilization rises to surpase human beings, collapses and rises again. It's still one of my favorite books. That and the sixth column from Heinlein are my two sci-fi books that really stick out in my mind.

One thing I've noted as a heavy influence of my dislike for some sci-fi is that they were often social and political vehicle for uncommon thinking at the time, and some of the psychological and 'edgy' aspects that were crucial to them being good to read no longer exist in modern society.

Avatar is really a weird movie for me to classify because there is (I swear) not one single plot or visual element to the movie that hasn't been done before. Not one single bit of originality. Yet having said that the movie as a whole stands on it's own as a wonderful story from start to finish, my main gripe being left over after all that there are still a few cliches that are old that the movie brings up. Mainly the gristled war veteran that is the best stand in for a bad guy the movie has and the whole 'big bad corporation plundering resources' theme. They were only overbearingly sickening at two points in the movie and I can ignore those for the experience as a whole. The glaring native American theme is the other one, but I think that was done passingly well, it was a pinch too much of the plot though.

By the way, if you didn't see it in 3D do so... I saw it in 3d first and standard the next. The scenery is almost painfully beautiful at points in 3D, and the flying scenes are breathtaking. It's not like first person shooter type immersion, but the overall immersion in the characters in the film is just that good and the 3D helps give the extra depth that static movie scenes can't bring which draw you in to feeling like you're seeing this world for the first time through the main characters eye (who is seeing it for the first time) and because immersed in it to the point where he defends with everything he has.

I have Avatar on my computer now and I have watched it twice. The first time was to just watch the movie. The second time was to watch the special effects and scenery.

The sci fi future tech is great and has believable scientific based designs that come off as seeming plausible for a time frame set some 140 years from now. The characters are reasonably well developed and the acting is good too. But I too found the story line some what contrived and a bit too Eco tree hugger for my tastes.

I will probibly watch it a few more times just because the special effects are that good but the story line is just a bit too Eco preachy for me to swallow.

You really need to see it in theaters or in HD tcm, if possible in 3D before it leaves theaters. I have a decent copy of Avatar right now as well on my computer, after having seen it 'the right way' I can't stand watching how bad it looks even with a good DVD screener, also the sound track in full glaring 5.1 surround is a joy on the ears in the theaters, but even the 'good' copy I have is hollow in comparison. This is the kind of movie they had in mind when they created the Blueray format. And there will be a 3D blueray version coming out, the in home 3D setups I read about at the consumer expo this year however are a far cry from the technology behind RealD 3D movies made modernly. If it's still playing in 3D in a venue locally, watch it now. By the way, make sure you sit in center seats about 1/3rd the way back from the front of the theater, even modern 3D movies are still 'aimed' for viewers from a certain perspective.

Last edited:
<p>My copy is in HD. but yes I may go and see the 3D theater one this week. (if I remember)</p>
<p>Still I have 30&quot; HD monitors on my computer so I am not exactly suffering picture wise. </p>
<p>As far as sound, unless my local theaters had a massive sound system upgrade in the last few years I doubt they will top what I have at home.</p>
<p>So far no one has commented on the local theater sound but they think the 3D is worth going for!</p>

Yea, you gotta go see it in the theater for the 3D effects. Unlike other 3D glasses, the RealD ones use circular polarization so you can look around without losing the effect. The 3D certainly made the alien jungle come to life and I actually felt sort of disspointed every time they cutaway from the jungle scenes and "went back to base".

I had the opportunity to see the new 3D stuff in Las Vegas about 2 - 3 years ago at the Luxor I-max theater. Now they have a sound system worth bragging about too!

I was very impressed by its realism and quality and have been hoping it would eventually make it to the regular theaters some day.

Is the site having a glitch with the text editors or something? My last post has a bunch of odd stuff in it and the spell-check is not responding here. I have to manually run it from the tool bar pull down menu.

<p>So far no one has commented on the local theater sound but they think the 3D is worth going for!</p>

Yes, what he said see it in the theater.

I'm going again Saturday with my Son again. His girlfriend is out of town.

Sceadwian said:
By the way, make sure you sit in center seats about 1/3rd the way back from the front of the theater, even modern 3D movies are still 'aimed' for viewers from a certain perspective.

The wife is uncanny she wanted 1/3 up. She has a neural disorder and problems seeing in one eye. So, we had the best seat in the house. ;)

Last edited:
The wife is uncanny she wanted 1/3 up. She has a neural disorder and problems seeing in one eye.
I think I was at that theater the same time you were there! I remember seeing this woman seated a couple of rows behind me.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back