Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A clean joke you could tell your Granny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickster

Most Helpful Member
A guy leaves his local drinking establishment, somewhat inebriated.
Normally, he takes the long route home, all the way around the farmer's field.
This particular evening though, he decides to take a short-cut, across the field.

Upon reaching the centre of the field, he notices a small stone structure and realises it's a well.
Pondering how deep it could be, he picks up a small stone and tosses it down.
He hears a few fading 'Tink', 'Tink', 'Tink' noises as the stone bounces off the walls, but no 'Splash'.

After looking around further, he spots a large rock and thinks it should surely make a decent 'Splash'.
He tosses the rock down the well and cocks his head to listen...
'Boink', 'Boink', 'Boink' fading away into silence.

He thinks to himself "Man, this thing must be deep!"
After a little more scouting, he spies a large log and mutters inwardly, "This should make some noise!"
Heaving it up to his chest, he staggers to the well and stands atop the wall.

Summoning all of his strength, he manages to manoeuvre the log and drop it down the well.
'Crash', 'Crash', 'Crash' goes the log, as it bounces from the well walls, but still no 'Splash'.

Bored with his poor result, the guy turns to step off the top of the well...

...and is startled by a Billy-Goat running at full-speed, head down, directly toward him.
In the nick of time, he jumps to the side and the goat disappears down the well.

Figuring that this is more than enough excitement for one night, he decides to head for home.

At the other side of the field, he is about to climb the gate when the farmer turns up.
"Hey mate", says the farmer, "I see you've just come across my field, did my goat go for you?"

Thinking on his feet and just wanting to get home, the drunk replies "I didn't see any goat, sir."

The farmer replies "That's strange.....I had it chained to a large log!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back