Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JLCPCB timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pommie

Most Helpful Member
Just ordered some PCBs at 12 noon today. These are 150mm x 180mm with about 300 surface mount components.
I'll update this thread when I receive any updates.

Mike.

Just ordered some PCBs at 12 noon today. These are 150mm x 180mm with about 300 surface mount components.
I'll update this thread when I receive any updates.

Mike.

Are you having them assembled as well?. I ordered some bare boards yesterday, it normally takes about a week from initial order to them arriving - but it depends somewhat on the weekend.

Often if I've ordered on Monday they arrive Friday - it seems to be transit at the weekend which takes a day or two longer.

Looks like we've got a race on! :D

My most recent project consists of a main and a display board.
Since the total board area was less than the allowance of 100x100 mm for the $2 /5 pcs price, I decided to “panelize” both.
Of course, plenty of holes to assist when separating the boards.

Anyhow, I received an e-mail from customer service, that since these were clearly two different boards, I would have to pay an additional $4.

Now and let me be clear: I AM NOT complaining. I totally get it, $6 is still a very low price. I GLADLY payed the requested amount.

And it was very important for me to receive both boards at the same time, to be assembled and tested simultaneously.

I am only posting this for any forum members who may do the same, so it won’t be a surprise.

Just checked and the only through hole part is a PC mounted speaker. So there is a hand soldering charge of (from memory) ~$4 for 5 boards.

Mike.

One advantage of having JLC assemble the through-hole parts is that it may save you the shipping costs of ordering those parts separately. It may actually work out cheaper if you have to order from multiple sources.

One advantage of having JLC assemble the through-hole parts is that it may save you the shipping costs of ordering those parts separately. It may actually work out cheaper if you have to order from multiple sources.

I agree with your previous post, it's not an unreasonable charge - and it's not like they don't make you aware. $4 is easily swamped by the delivery charges, so is fairly insignificant in the scheme of things.

Somehow it always bugs me - you pay sod all for the boards, but loads for the delivery of them :D However, I'm quite prepared to pay for DHL delivery as it's nice and fast - and I hate waiting for things.

Delivery by non-DHL means comes sometime between 2 weeks and "what is this thing?"

I'd sooner pay for DHL :D

Particularly as I order them through work anyway, most are actually for work - and any for home are generally work applicable as well (much of my designs at work come from original work at home).

These boards are pretty big and fully populated so the cost was AU$100 for 5 boards plus AU$50 for postage!!! So, yes, postage is a big part of it. However, if these work OK then I'll probably order 100 and the cost will be much lower. Actually, couldn't get a quote for 100 so did a quote for 50 - just under AU$500 - US$350 of US$7 per board. Included was the hand soldering cost - for all boards - was AU$4.73 and a manual assembly charge of AU$2.70.

Mike.

These boards are pretty big and fully populated so the cost was AU$100 for 5 boards plus AU$50 for postage!!! So, yes, postage is a big part of it. However, if these work OK then I'll probably order 100 and the cost will be much lower. Actually, couldn't get a quote for 100 so did a quote for 50 - just under AU$500 - US$350 of US$7 per board. Included was the hand soldering cost - for all boards - was AU$4.73 and a manual assembly charge of AU$2.70.

Mike.

If everything goes as planned, sounds a bargain :D

Is that with assembly? Delivery is by DHL so should be 3 to 5 working days. So sometime between Thursday and Monday.
Interestingly, my boards were completed around 4pm Saturday (looks like they work weekends) and were finally picked up by DHL at noon Monday - I guess DHL don't work weekends.

Mike.

If you can get DHL delivery in 3-5 days, count yourself blessed.

Every time I've been forced to use DHL, it's more like 2-3 weeks.

DHL are absolutely brilliant in the UK, they fly the PCB's from Hong Kong to Germany, then from Germany to East Midlands Airport - there's a DHL depot at the airport, and the van comes direct from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back