Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JK Flip Flop Synchronous Counter HELP PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmyless

Hey, im in a Digital Electronics course and am currently having trouble with my "present state/next state" portion of my lab. The problem is as follows... Design a synchronous counter using JK FLIP FLOPS that has the following sequence: 000,001,010,100, and repeat. The undesired states 011,101,110, and 111 must always go to 000 on the next clock pulse..... I under stand how to set up the present state, because that is obviously very basic. But I dont understand what order to put the sequence in.

000 ?
001 ?
010 ?
011 ?
100 ?
101 000
110 000
111 000

any help/suggestions/ or just plain old answers would be greatly appreciated

Myles

My solution would not be what he is looking for. The undesired stated simply would not exist.

I would start with a two bit counter or a three bit shift register.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back