J-K Flip flops

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNick

Hey I was wondering if anyone knew where the name j-k came from. My professor says he will assign extra credit if anyone knows and i cant find anyting on the web!!!!!!!!!! does anyone know???????????????????

I found it in the 1st Google link I looked at. Hint: Wikipedia's explanation about flip-flops.

MrNick said:
Hey I was wondering if anyone knew where the name j-k came from. My professor says he will assign extra credit if anyone knows and i cant find anyting on the web!!!!!!!!!! does anyone know???????????????????
[size=+12]Hint:[/size] Wikipedia

That's pretty funny. We chastise people for not Googling. Is Wikipedia next?

i tried wikipedia.....it doesnt explain where the J and K came from or how it got the name JK Flip flop

From Wikipedia:

What more are you looking for?

I think an old vinyl records also made the sounds, "snap, crackle, pop, flip and flop. Or maybe I am confusing it with similar sounds from crappy old AM radios.

audioguru said:
I think an old vinyl records also made the sounds, "snap, crackle, pop, flip and flop. Or maybe I am confusing it with similar sounds from crappy old AM radios.
Rice Krispies went "snap, crackle, pop". Rice Soggies went "flip, flop".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…