Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

it's Been Fun....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what...sulk if you want to.
Either you are part of something or you are not. I've loads of crap here in SA but I frigging smile on.

I try my best to bring smiles. In spite of my situation.

Sites are sites. For example you run to AAC...a bunch of smarty pants people. All rushing to impress. Collectively much knowledge... but specific stuff...
Nope. Bunch of guessers.

ETO has never done that. Either you know stuff or you don't.

Sorry to see you leave Jon, although I know the reason and I fully understand.

Good luck matey.

What a pity!
I enjoyed your contributions.

I did too. His choice.
Forums are free. If I get fed up with a Forum, I simply stay away. Or I don't post anymore. No bye bye stuff.

Or at least speak to a Moderator. Don't do the mystery "time to go" thing.

tv

I never understood his Avatar.

And why would he leave if he was having fun?

Last edited:
And why would he leave if he was having fun?
You know why.
He was having fun for the most part, but then he became your target. Look in the mirror and ask yourself why your confrontational posts towards him stepped up a gear, after he revealed on this forum that he was in a same-sex relationship.
Why was it that you got banned from AAC?
You seem to infer that a moderator over there 'had it in for you', but one moderator alone does not have sole authority to ban a member.
There has to be a consensus before a member is banned, so it's highly probable that you were deemed to be 'a problem' by a majority vote.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein.

Clock's ticking here.

Who's your next target?
I've already been in your cross-hairs a few times, so I am ready. I'm not gay, so you can't be prejudicial towards me for that, but I'm happy to stand up to, and address your snide comments, which you make from hiding in the shadows. Why is it that you hide? We had a prolific troll a couple of years ago, who did the same. Is that the standard MO for a troll?

FWIW, I wish I had amassed the technical expertise that you have to offer to others, because it is absolutely top-notch, but as far as the rest of your snide contributions go here....I would jump off a bridge before being like you.

Toodle pip!

You know why.
He was having fun for the most part, but then he became your target. Look in the mirror and ask yourself why your confrontational posts towards him stepped up a gear, after he revealed on this forum that he was in a same-sex relationship.
Why was it that you got banned from AAC?
You seem to infer that a moderator over there 'had it in for you', but one moderator alone does not have sole authority to ban a member.
There has to be a consensus before a member is banned, so it's highly probable that you were deemed to be 'a problem' by a majority vote.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein.

I get the results I expect every time. I don't understand why you quoted that mis-attributed Einstein quote here.

I always assume all people are capable of learning;

I always assume that people attempting to answering an OPs post should actually should read the OPs' questions.

I always think engaging with an OP to understand the OPs current level of knowledge and the OP's interest in getting the current project done (or problem solved) vs making electronics their hobby and willingness to invest time and money to achieve that.

I always believe in engaging with the OP to understand why they are sprinting towards one solution when it may not make sense so I understand their constraints and they understand that a different (easier, faster, cheaper, fewer parts, more reliable or safer) solution is possible.

I always enjoy pointing out when members are rude or two-faced or expecting other members to live up to their double-standards or lying or insulting or call names and, when I call them out for those actions (or for any disappointing me in any of the other "always" statements above), I then always count on people to get offended or upset or justify their behavior or deny their intent.

I always assume that people do not give a rip about being called out about one of the items in the (incomplete) list of behaviors by some ******* in western Pennsylvania if they disagree. I also always assume that the people who act most upset know they were wrong.

Finally, I know insanity is attributing that insanity quote to Einstein over and over again will make it true that Einstein actually said it. Use your googler, you'll see that nobody can find a single time where he said or wrote that.

I've already been in your cross-hairs a few times, so I am ready. I'm not gay, so you can't be prejudicial towards me for that, but I'm happy to stand up to, and address your snide comments, which you make from hiding in the shadows.

Umm, ...? What are you talking about? What does being gay have to do with anything? Did I day anything about being gay? Is Jonsea gay? Are you referring to jonsea or did I say something that you assumed was homophobic?

Sorry if I said anything homophobic - I would be very surprised if that was the case (so would you if you knew my family). Also, the gay people I know would be offended by your apparent assumption that gay people cannot stand up for themselves. They would also be offended that you think they get to act like a-holes or wrong and get to pull out the gay-card if someone calls them out on their behavior or error. They don't want a free pass, they just want a fair playing field.

Look back at the deleted "bickering" exchanges and most every time I quoted a Jonsea post with a truthful, non-exaggerated, non-confrontational statement statement or question, Jonsea replies to me with name calling or insults. I likely respond with sarcastic questions or point out the error of his assumption or his poor choice of insult but I doubt I ever resorted to name-calling.. Let me know if you see a different order of events (you'll have to look at the actual order of events, before posts were deleted) or any name calling from my part.
[/quote]

Why is it that you hide? We had a prolific troll a couple of years ago, who did the same. Is that the standard MO for a troll?
Oh Mickster, a "troll"? I thought we were close anonymous internet a acquaintances and you knew me better than that.

FWIW, I wish I had amassed the technical expertise that you have to offer to others, because it is absolutely top-notch, but as far as the rest of your snide contributions go here....I would jump off a bridge

Im not sure where to go with that one... I guess the safe option is, since you mentioned jumping off a bridge, that you can call 1-800-273-8255 in the US. I don't know the suicide prevention hotline number in other countries.

Toodle pip!

Pip? Even that is confusing...
My mom would say definition 1 is true of my teenage brain, my wife would say the other is true.

BE28439C-EEA8-453E-B563-C74332D9176B.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok, that's enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back