Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is this argue true?Pleased help

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanhan

Hello,
I am trying to learn Fielter but there is a problem with me.Could you explain me the a sentence in my text book.
This is the sentence:
"As illustrated in view B, the diode cannot conduct on the
negative half cycle because the anode of D1 is negative with respect to the cathode."
view B is attached in bellow.
In this diagram I think that during negative half cycle, as far as I see, [pleased correct me if it is a silly thinking], I ONLY know the voltage between diode and capacitor is negative.But in above argue, it is said that the voltage of anode is negative with respect to the cathode.Could you explain me this?
Thanks.

Last edited:
The text is correct. On the negative half-cycle the anode becomes negative so the diode does not conduct. Then the junction of the cathode and the capacitor stays at 0V or at a a positive voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back