Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR CCP1 PIC18f

Status
Not open for further replies.

russ4789

Im attempting to receive a signal from a TV remote through a 3-pin IR receiver. Im using CCP1 to capture these pulses. As some of you may know the TV remote transmits around 14 bits with only the last 6 or so being useful because they are the bits that change between buttons.

Im trying to skip through the first 8 bits and measure the time period of the last 6 bits, is this possible?

and another thing,

Will this method of capturing pulses be too accurate in order for me to consistently capture the same value at the last 6 bits, Im trying to use certain buttons to control my servo driven robot.

any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank You!

Check my PIC tutorials for an example of doing IR remote control - you don't want to ignore the earlier bits, all of them are really required. Essentially they consist of device ID bits (TV, VCR, Audio etc.) and data bits (ON/OFF, Volume Uo, CH1 etc.)

My tutorial is for the Sony SIRC's system, which is nice and easy to do.

It depends a LOT on which type of remote you choose.

You should look at Atoms post Nigel show how to catch it with the pickit2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back