Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inkjet printer counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

manuel11

Hi to everybody,
I am interested in installing a digital counter on my inkjet printer. The purpose is to record the number of print outs. Is there anybody who has a circuit for this purpose as well as the installation procedure. Any help would e greatly apprecited.

Thanks!!!!

I think most printers already do this.

Have you looked at the producer's (hp, etc.) website to see if a software patch is available so you can access this information?

buy a counter kit or make one yourself. They essentially consist of connected counter chips (one for each digit) and BCD decoder chips that convert the binary count into a form that is useful to display on a seven segment display.

The way these work is that upon the rising edge of a clock (voltage signal), the counter will increment by one. The trick is to exploit some component of the printing process to automatically create a pulse and hence a rising edge.

Maybe think of mounting a hinged switch that swings up and hits a contact when paper hits it on route to the tray.

Don't forget to debounce your switch though.

Attachments

• hinge.jpg
    hinge.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 233
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back