Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Important 'Post a Circuit ($15)' Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAl

Most Helpful Member
Hi,

I just read about the $15 per circuit or article thread posted by EM and i think it's a great thing. I had a couple of important questions about this so i started this thread.

First question is, i noticed that some of the attachments are missing again in at least one of the articles:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/articles/diode-log-and-antilog-circuit-derivations.590/

Now i may be able to find this attachment again, but i am not sure if i can guarantee that i can always find those attachments, so my first question is:
Is there a way to prevent this from happening in the future with articles or circuits?
It would be very nice if they could be backed up somehow and restored automatically if there was a site crash of some sort.

Second question is more simple:
If a member earns $15 for an article or circuit, if they donate that back to ETO would that be considered as a forum supporting contribution, ie would that member then be considered a "Forum Supporter"?

Thanks much for your anticipated replies.

Hi MrAl,

Good questions, If you have any images that are broken on the forum or articles please do send them my way! I'd love to fix up any issues there. I actually found that image and restored it from your blog :)

I'm now paying for a remote backup. I have 100GB and it's now an automatic daily script that copies this site to the remote server, both files and database. In the past i just backed up things to the same hard drive and occasionally downloaded those to my own hard drive! We also use a caching service which caches every image and every attachment via Google which will also serve as a saftey net.

If you wanted to donate that back to ETO, yes, you would definitely get supporter status :)

Hello again,

Thanks EM that answered both questions perfectly.
So it looks like the New Year for ETO is going to be a good one :)

Thanks for fixing the image too. As you can easily understand, if someone takes the time to write an article that requires images (and most probably do) it becomes very hard for a reader to understand the subject material if the images are suddenly missing, and it's not easy for an individual author to maintain them themselves. But now the backup system you have in place sounds very reliable so this should not happen any more, which is really, really good to hear, and i hope it is not too expensive overall.

$15! that explains why LG has been typing away all day :D, expect alot of articles from him! he has a huge shopping list lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back