Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I'm back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify things, I didn't leave the job because of health issues; don't listen to what Thunderchild says about me but to what I say about myself; I think I can say I'm definitely the expert on this. ;)

I didn't choose to leave, I would have happily worked there until I found a better job. The managing director let me go because I told him I wasn't happy about the job being different than what I had been lead to believe. This isn't the same as being fired, I was allowed to work to the end of the week and there was no animosity between us, the boss was actually happy that I was so honest with him, even though he might have initially been upset with me. I've been sacked before and that was a totally different and more unpleasant experience.

On the whole I was happy there, it's just I didn't want a career in packing boxes and would've moved on to greater things.

I meant no offence Hero but really with the way work is these days its hard to know what to do. My sister has just been given the cold shoulder by an agency because for some reason the person she had to work with on a termporary assignment complained about her (some stupid foreigner with an inferiority compaex who couldn't even speak english) and yes she is pleased to not have to go back but she was not given a good time and on a previous job harassed until she left.

If you feel the company had done something wrong you could always report them, but thwen thats a long and unpleasant path to go down and thats why so many companies get away with this sort of thing. My main problem in finding work has literally been finding it, I've never particularly made a problem of what I was doing but that was mostly angency work anyway where i knew it was not for long.

I wasn't offended, maybe a bit annoyed with you for not reading my posts but I don't hold grudges.

I don't think it was intentional, the MD probably didn't deliberately deceive me, the chances are he didn't really know what my role would really be because he doesn't work on the shop floor. The MD has now delegated the task of finding my replacement to the store manager so the same mistake won't happen again.

I'd be stupid to complain because I was given more than the agreed rate in my pay cheque. :D

EDIT:

Maybe your sister should make a complaint about them too?

Last edited:
regarding my sisters line of work I have come to the serious conclusion that care homes and nusseries are the worst places to work, full of frustrated people and the odd nasty one that just take things out on those that have a job to do and have enough things to handle already, hopefully she will get a restaurant/hotel job. I suggested she make a compalint about the place she was bllied into leaving but she never will

Hero999, I've been trying to call them. But, I know their in the middle of moving their site.

I'll txt one of my employee's still there.

They have to move everything by crane and train.

I am networking with a company called Ratheon. The build the missiles and systems for use over sea's and elsewhere.

I don't know if they have any facilities on your side of the water.

I'll check to see if I can get a contact for you.

I worked at the Raytheon missile site in Tucson. Man, what a hoot! Tucson is a great town and working with a ginormous workforce has some advantages too. I joined the company's dive club and made some trips to the Sea of Cortez. Eventually, I got tired of the BS there and left. But don't let that discourage you. It can be a great place to work.

I worked at the Raytheon missile site in Tucson. Man, what a hoot! Tucson is a great town and working with a ginormous workforce has some advantages too. I joined the company's dive club and made some trips to the Sea of Cortez. Eventually, I got tired of the BS there and left. But don't let that discourage you. It can be a great place to work.

Maybe you might still know someone and be a better contact for him. Do you happen to know if they have anything in the U.K. ?

Edit: The Contact I have is in Tucson a Mechanical Engineer.

Last edited:
I just pulled this off the net?

It's not so good for the U.K and Ratheon?

Ratheon Jobs in the U.K.

Best chance here would be in Tucson, Arizona. United States.

Edit: I also pulled this one down. Interesting.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Yeah, unfortunately I lost track of the people I worked with. Most moved on due to all the BS there. But you might just flouish. I think you might have the temerment that will work there.

Oh cool! I just looked at your Al.com article.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back