Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I'm back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back Hero999, I know that feeling of spending too much time on the net and not getting around doing the normal things in life.

Hope your new job works out alright.

Look forward to your input again

Regards

Raymond

I have yet to show up there so its got a lot less of "something" right now. :D

I'm starting to reassess things in life. What makes you successful? Is it money, women, achievements etc. or is it just how happy you are?

Women(gals) makes me very happy..

For that we need money..:eek:

..after that I treat it as a great achievement :eek::eek:

Just kidding..but one thing I can tell you, for happiness in life obviously you need money(truth)..but plenty of money won't make you always happy;)

Money has a good role..if you succeed in money part, then I'd say you're 50% successful in life..rest 50% given for achievements( including a girl friend..yea).

Good luck anyway:), however I'm not sure whether I'm in a good position to advise you like that(lol).

The trouble is I don't know what I want. I know it sounds sad but at the moment nothing makes me happier than posting here but I know that if I spend too much of my life on the Internet I'll ruin my life so I've got to get the balance right.

Anyway, the job isn't going very well. It turns out that they deceived my at the interview. I was told that the job was for an electrical tester but it's turned out I'm a store man, who's expected to spend all day packing valves and actuators in boxes, which I could've done at the age of 16 with no qualifications. They did tell me that I might have to help out in the store, but they didn't say it''s where they expected me to spend most of my time.

Over the last week I've only tested one valve and it took me five minutes to determine that the motor had burnt out, there was a phase connected to the metal case and the earth terminal had been removed. This was probably the customer's fault for not connecting the limit switches, so the motor got jammed and over heated. I'm surprised no one was electrocuted because with phase connected to the case, which should've been earthed, the metal case would have been floating at 230VAC.

At first, I thought I would only be in the store for the first week and my role would become more fulfilling from then on but I was wrong. I confronted my manager and he supported me, he agreed that the managing director hadn't told me the truth that the role is 1% electrical and 99% stores and I didn't need any qualifications to do it. I was hoping for a pay rise at some stage, but it turns out my manager wasn't on much more than I (in fact it was less than what I was earning at my previous job) and he had already been refused a pay rise. Obviously he told me not to tell the managing director or anyone else about the conversation we'd had, at the moment no one else there knows how I feel and I'm not telling them either.

I'm thinking about quitting but I think I'll wait until I find another job, besides a job is a job and it is good money for a store man.

Hero999, I used to work for a Military Contractor. I know they are still doing buisness and I don't know how this would help but, go check out their site. They do stuff all over the world and the systems they have need to be installed and repaired. They do contract work and you would be a snap for it.

Action Target - Superior Shooting Range Equipment and Firearms Training, Shoothouses and Shoot House Training, Bullet Traps and Bullet Trap Design

See if you can get a guy named Ernie to talk to you he's in charge of installs and sign offs when a range is compete. Maybe you could even improve upon their designs.

Check it out.

Edit: Their either number one in the world or number two largest Shooting Range Company's buying up a 3rd of the worlds bullet proof steel.

Last edited:
Hero999, I used to work for a Military Contractor. I know they are still doing buisness and I don't know how this would help but, go check out their site. They do stuff all over the world and the systems they have need to be installed and repaired. They do contract work and you would be a snap for it.

Action Target - Superior Shooting Range Equipment and Firearms Training, Shoothouses and Shoot House Training, Bullet Traps and Bullet Trap Design

See if you can get a guy named Ernie to talk to you he's in charge of installs and sign offs when a range is compete. Maybe you could even improve upon their designs.

Check it out.

Edit: Their either number one in the world or number two largest Shooting Range Company's buying up a 3rd of the worlds bullet proof steel.

Thanks for that, I couldn't find the vacancies section but it's probably worth dropping them an email.

I can't see them doing much business in the UK with our strick gun laws but they might have a contract with the MoD or armed response units.

Thanks for that, I couldn't find the vacancies section but it's probably worth dropping them an email.

Well I can call him and see if I can get an e-mail.

Hero999 said:
I can't see them doing much business in the UK with our strick gun laws but they might have a contract with the MoD or armed response units.

Yes, you need to consider your main agency's they will have had some contact with them Government etc

You also might consider moving. They are in need of someone to run their electronics division, it's in need of some serious help. They asked me to come back, that's how desperate they were. But, that's been about 2-3 weeks. They will just find some flunky to do it until then.

Yes, do wait until you find a new job. Unemployment is through the roof right now and as long as your not being required to take the chip (which is going on) then be glad you got work or a pay check anyway though the work may suck.

So how are the 2012 Olympics going to work then?, as it is the British Olympic pistol team have to go outside the UK to practice (and presumably store their weapons there).

I guess you chaps will be sporting these legal models before, and during the Olymipcs.

**broken link removed**

Hero999, I've been trying to call them. But, I know their in the middle of moving their site.

I'll txt one of my employee's still there.

They have to move everything by crane and train.

I am networking with a company called Ratheon. The build the missiles and systems for use over sea's and elsewhere.

I don't know if they have any facilities on your side of the water.

I'll check to see if I can get a contact for you.

Hero999, I've been trying to call them. But, I know their in the middle of moving their site.

I'll txt one of my employee's still there.

They have to move everything by crane and train.

I am networking with a company called Ratheon. The build the missiles and systems for use over sea's and elsewhere.

I don't know if they have any facilities on your side of the water.

I'll check to see if I can get a contact for you.

Who doesn't know who Ratheon is? I think they are the ones who make those cursed full naked body scanners everyone is so upset about.

Last edited:
I guess you chaps will be sporting these legal models before, and during the Olymipcs.

**broken link removed**

That's about it! :D

I've probably shot more weapons than the vast majority of the UK public, and pistols are still allowed - but with big restrictions. The last one I shot was a big 'dirty harry' type revolver, but it used percussion caps, loose powder, and loose ball 'bullets' (that's still allowed) - loading takes about 20 minutes! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back